Physical therapy is a good option for people who have chronic pain conditions. Step Ahead Physical Therapy is dedicated to helping our patients determine the true cause of their pain and creating customized treatment programs that will allow them to return to their full and healthy lives.
At our Cambridge and Marblehead physical therapy clinic, we’re here to help you get back to enjoy your life, free from nagging pain.
To make an appointment or learn more about our services, just call us today at 781-797-0844 or click here to request an appointment.
What should I do to prepare for my first PT appointment?
- Please arrive 15 minutes early for your first appointment.
- Bring a copy of your insurance card and a photo ID with you.
- Please call our office at 781-797-0844 to verify your insurance benefits beforehand.
- Have in writing key past medical history, previous treatments, current medications, and other important information.
- List out signs and symptoms that can be of importance to the therapist. What has been hurting or bothering you? For how long?
- It’s a good idea to make a list of questions that you have to discuss on your first visit.
What can I expect from my first PT visit?
- Upon your arrival at our office, you will register at our front office. They will help you with the insurance and treatment process so that you can focus on having the best recovery possible.
- Next, our physical therapist will meet you for your initial assessment. They will ask questions about your medical history, current pain, or injury during your assessment. Try to be as honest as you can; open communication helps us to understand your problem better!
- Your movement, strength, coordination, and much more will be assessed during your appointment. Our goal is to help you, so please make sure that you communicate with our therapist if anything hurts or bothers you during the examination!
- Our physical therapist will recommend and prepare a customized course of treatment to ensure the quickest recovery and the best results. Some treatments will be performed on the first day to get you started on the road to recovery. However, you will get to the full swing of your treatment plan during the next visit.
- After your therapist has finished, you will schedule a series of visits at the front desk. The amount of therapy needed will be dependent upon the advice of your therapist, and will also be discussed with you at your first visit.
- Your therapist will write their findings and plan for treatment to be submitted to your referring physician or any other medical professional you choose.
We offer a lot of convenient appointment times, but prime times can be busy, so it’s best to book ahead as much as possible.
If you have any questions at any time, please do not hesitate to call. We want to ensure you are satisfied and have a complete recovery.
Looking to save time? Fill out your new patient forms below!
If you would like to save time on your first visit, please print the patient documents below, fill them out, and bring them to your first appointment.
Don’t have time to print it off beforehand? No problem!
Arrive early to allow extra time before your appointment to complete the forms in our clinic.
At Step Ahead Physical Therapy, we’re here to help you get the most out of your visit – contact us today!